Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 2

This was probably the most boring part of the trip and the most exciting part.
First taking 27 once I was past Tallahassee was the road from hell.
Long and boring with nothing along the way and I mean nothing!
No stores or billboards or side roads or overpasses. Just a 4 lane divided highway lined with a wall of trees. One section of the road goes in a straight line for over 20 miles. At that point you realize just how slow 40 mph really is. Its slow, very slow, especially on a road designed for 120 mph. Just when I thought I would lose my mind from the monotony I hit an insane rain and lightning storm. Torrential downpour for 1 1/2 hours with the craziest lightning I have ever seen. Turns out I was right in the middle of 'lightning alley' as its known. scary as hell when there is nowhere to pull over and I had no choice but to keep riding through the storm. Thank goodness for good rain gear. But it was still scary as hell. Finally arrived in Trenton Fla. which is about 30 miles west of Gainesville. that was my stop for the night and I stayed with an old friend Suzi Tattoozi. I had not seen her in several years which was nice. Passed out early as the trip was getting exhausting. Distance that day was about 250 miles.
Oh yea , we had drinks at the City Bar in Trenton. woo-hoo is all I have to say. (kidding) Its an old man bar with lots of old men in training. My scooter 'Legend' ran flawlessly all day. What a girl!!
Next were on to day 3
Master Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment