Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1 Day, 4 States, 9 Hours, 300 miles

DeFuniak Springs by you.


Wow! What a ride! Got a late start but once on the road I just kept rolling. The scooter 'Legend' ran just fine, 9 hours on the road with a half hour stop for lunch and stopping for gas.
I must say though that big bridges with big trucks can get a little scary.
Cruising along the beach in Mississippi was just beautiful. but pulling off on the beach I almost dumped it. Don't drive a scooter through beach sand, just don't do it......
A couple of times it got pretty close looking for a gas station but I have a backup gallon of gas with me, just trying to see how far I could really get. If you know me you'll understand.
I got lots of great photos of the scooter "Legend' with all kinds of fun and goofy stuff as well as some legendary people, artists and friends. I will try to get those up tonight although I'm pretty tired. Will try.
Peace,
Jeffrey

2 comments:

  1. Um, shouldn't avoiding beach sand be kinda like avoiding gravel?! OK, seriously, glad you made it safely thus far. Keep holding your own on that highway - hold them cars up with pride!

    And if you thought bathrobe night was funny, I'll tell ya about tonight sometime... it's all been downhill - but I've learned how to "chair dance". You were spoken of, and missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear the great scoot adventure has begun... call me when you are rolling down A1A or US1 towards Port St. Loooooooosey. 954-632-3313

    mel

    ReplyDelete