Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3rd & 4th Day on the Road

Day 3
I was able to hit the road around 7 am and back onto 27 down to Mt. Dora where I headed east on 46. Another road from hell. Its been under construction for about 10 years now and the drivers are nuts. I was almost run off the road twice. Although i was warned that it was a dangerous road. Needless to say I will not take that route back.
Once I hit the Atlantic coast it was smooth sailing. Quite a beautiful ride as well. Its been awhile since Ive seen the Atlantic ocean. From there it was down the coast to Melbourne which was my destination for the evening.
I stayed with my Aunt Marcia and Uncle Noel and was able to visit my Grandmother who happened to be in the hospital following a small stroke. Grandma is doing much better now and is being released. It was a nice visit and was able to get some much needed sleep.
My scooter 'Legend' just kept on going and going.

Day 4
On the road again driving down the coast with a stop in W. Port St. Lucie to visit some old friends and scooter enthusiasts Mellisa and Mike where Mellisa's Mom made me a fantastic lunch. (Thanks!!). From there it was a short hop down to Lake Worth to visit another old friend Pamela. Another fantastic meal with some of her friends and a bunch of red wine was a nice end to the day. Slept hard and well!
The next morning was a short 1 1/2 hours to my final destination in Margate (FT. Lauderdale)

Due to the back roads and such it ended up being almost 1000 miles exactly.
Would I do it again?
Well yes of course..... I'm ready to roll back to New Orleans baby!!!

Master Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment